[quote][b][url=/v3/forum/%C3%A9tats-unis-31/topic/le-meilleur-bombardier-lourd-en-service-486/?post=8966#post-8966]ex-rogcas[/url] a dit le 21/10/2006 à 11:53 :[/b] [quote="Ciders"]HS : il peut rester combien de temps parqué à l'extérieur le B2 ?[/quote] [i]Two years ago, the problem with the Air Force’s B-2 Stealth bombers, which cost $2 billion apiece, was that their radar could not tell a rain cloud from a mountainside. Now the problem is that the B-2 cannot go out in the rain. The investigative arm of Congress reported this week that the B-2, the world’s most expensive aircraft, deteriorates in rain, heat and humidity. It “must be sheltered or exposed only to the most benign environments — low humidity, no precipitation, moderate temperatures. …” The Air Force issued a statement today saying that, for now, it will cancel plans to station the bombers overseas. … The Northrop Grumman Corporation is building 21 of the planes at a cost of $44.7 billion. … The report by the General Accounting Office said … [i]t is unlikely that the problem “will ever be fully resolved. …” [T]he B-2 bombers were able to perform their missions only 26 percent of the time. [b]Tim Weiner, “The $2 Billion Stealth Bomber Can’t Go Out in the Rain,” New York Times, August 23, 1997, p. A5[/b][/i] En gros il lui faut du soleil (mais pas trop) et surtout pas de la TBA au cas où il y aurait une montagne devant lui... :wink: Sinon un article très complet, un peu partisan, mais qui pose de bonnes questions et prouve qu'il existe une véritable polémique autour de ce bijou (dans tous les sens du terme, j'me comprends !) : http://www.cnn.com/US/9709/12/b2.bum.bomber/ Voilà, voilà... moi je vais aller me promener en attendant vos réactions... pom pom pom... :mrgreen:[/quote]