[quote][b][url=/v3/forum/%C3%A9tats-unis-31/topic/c-130-hercules-des-versions-discr%C3%A8tes-791/?post=27286#post-27286]ex-jojo[/url] a dit le 03/07/2009 à 19:19 :[/b] Utilisé jusqu'en 1996, sans plus de précision. Mais des infos intéressantes sur le [b]"Skyhook"[/b] : [url=http://uppix.net/0/0/7/b8d6966eebcab7493eaa04345f997.jpg]Patch "Skyhook"[/url] [i]"It was stated by numerous users that the ride was enjoyable and only notable part was the initial ‘kick in the pants’ upon lift off from the ground. [u]The Army [/u]experimented with the [u]contraption on the CV-2 Caribou aircraft[/u]. [u]The US Navy tested the system on modified S-2A Tracker aircraft in the 1960’s [/u]for use in pilot recovery at sea. It was used by the [u]US Air Force [/u]on at least forty [u]modified HC/MC-130 Combat Talon [/u]aircraft [b][u]from 1965 until it was phased out in 1996[/u]. [/b] The Airforce conducted no less than [u]75 demonstrations [/u]of the device with live training subjects between 1966-1982 but no disclosed emplyments were made. While in US Air Force service it was referred to as the STAR (Surface to Air Recovery) system. It was staged in Vietnam but was [u]never successfully used to recover downed pilots[/u]. When a practice recovery during a 1982 exercise in West Germany ended in death, a chest mounted parachute was added to the rig so that if the person was being recovered lost connection he could parachute to the ground. [u]The system was also relegated to being used with weights in practice runs around this time period instead of actual personnel[/u]. It is not believed to have been used by any other countries."[/i] Sources : William M. Leary and Leonard A. LeSchack Project Coldfeet: Secret Mission to a Soviet Ice Station 1996, USNI Press. Et plus étonnant :shock: : [i]"In initial testing with live pigs it was found that the pigs were recovered alive but had rotated violently in flight. The final bugs were worked out by 1958 with a US marine guinea pig playing the role of Wiley E Coyote in the test pickup. The US government considered using the Skyhook to rescue the Dali Lama from Chinese occupied Tibet in 1959 but went with a yak-borne extraction instead. In 1961 a CIA flown RB-66 was fitted with the Skyhook to rescue downed Air America pilot Allen Pope from Indonesia but the mission was scrubbed. Project Coldfeet, an amazing reconnaissance of a lost Soviet drifting ice station on the polar icecap in 1962 would be the first use in a real operation. The Skyhook was fitted to a civilian registered (flown by a CIA front company) B-17 bomber for the operation due to the fact that the US Navy P-2 Neptune originally detailed did not have sufficient range."[/i] Et plus rigolo, au cinéma :D : [i]"The Skyhook was unclassified and became the subject of articles in Popular Mechanics, Time and other magazines. A set of public demonstrations took place at Ft Bragg in 1964 in which no less than 35 soldiers were carried aloft over the span of a day, including at least two generals. This led to supporting roles in the movies the Green Berets (with John Wayne) and the Bond film Thunderball. The New Batman Dark Knight movie shows the caped crusader using a Skyhook to grab an villian by surprise."[/i] De même source, et : [url=http://air-combat.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_fulton_skyhook_star_system]ici ![/url][/quote]